Greetings and welcome to the National Catholic School of Social Service at The Catholic University of America! Our values of justice, charity and service are directly derived from Catholic Social Teaching and the values of the profession of social work. Here you will find people from diverse faiths, cultures and experiences respected, regarded, and celebrated as unique individuals whose gifts are vital to the common good of our school. | Read more
Programs within NCSSS
The National Catholic School of Social Service (NCSSS) offers one undergraduate and two graduate degree programs. The Bachelor of Social Work program prepares students for a rewarding career in generalist social work practice. The Master of Social Work program provides students with the knowledge and skill to become advanced social work practitioners. The Ph.D. in Social Work prepares social work professionals for research, teaching, and leadership. In partnership with the Columbus School of Law, NCSSS and the law school offer a dual degree program in which students may obtain both a Juris Doctor (JD) degree and a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree. |Read more
The Catholic University of America expresses its Catholic Identity through the actualization of Catholic Social Teaching in the National Catholic School of Social Service. In their coursework and field practicum, students of social work are formed by Catholic Social Teaching as they develop into professional leaders who serve society through charity and social justice in their social work practice. The faculty of NCSSS serve as strong role models in living the tenets of Catholic Social Teaching through their excellence in teaching, scholarship, and professional service. | More
- Dr. Eileen Dombo was appointed as the Victim Assistance Coordinator in the Archdiocese for Military Services.
- Drs. Bennett and Sheridan and PhD student Francesca Richardson publish Caregiving as Ministry: Perceptions of Afican Americans Providing Care for Elders
- Drs. Mayer and Early and doctoral student Aidan Bohlander publish article Moving Beyond Lip Service: The Clinical Reasoning Behind Practicing Strengths
- Dr. Sabatino publishes article Response to Intervention: A Guide to Scientifically Based Research for School Social Work Services
- More News
- July 16 - MSW Information Seminar
- Aug 13 - MSW Information Seminar
- Nov 25 - International Program Associates Information Session Read more about the program. Submit your application and health form now.
- Writing Workshop Presentation
- Full Listing of NCSSS Continuing Education Events
- Submit NCSSS news and events to: