The silent trauma of the immigrant experience: The lasting impact of family separation
Introduction to Motivational Interviewing
Presenter: Liz Aparicio, LCSW-C, RPT-S
Ethics in Action: Shades of Gray
- Identify and discuss ethical issues surrounding self-disclosure in a clinical relationship, using guidelines from literature on boundaries.
- Use action to explore clinically sound and ethically appropriate variations in self-disclosure.
- Practice a take-away technique to continue to refine ethical decision-making skills.
What is the Parentified Child? A Deeper Look
What Every Social Worker needs to know about HIV/AIDS in the clinical setting
Suicidology- Expanding Your Understanding of How to Work with Suicidal Clients
Sand Tray Therapy
Presenter: Liz Aparicio,LCSW-C, RPT-S
Spirituality & Diversity in Social Work
The Ethics of Counseling Clients on Workplace Issues
Treating Moral Injury
PTSD: Understanding how the victim becomes the accused
- Understand what PTSD is and its link to the criminal justice system.
- Increase ones knowledge of PTSD and be able to articulate coping skills and preventative measures that can be addressed with client.
- Identify the impact of childhood trauma and the link between being victimized and becoming an accused.