Field Instructor Profile (required of all our field instructors)
The Field Educator, on-line journal of the Simmons School of Social Work dedicated to knowledge exchange in field education
Field education is the cornerstone of graduate schools of social work programs, where the student converts the knowledge learned in the classroom into skills applied in the real world. The students from NCSSS come to their field placements very eager, enthusiastic and prepared to learn and integrate these experiences.
-- Kris B. Laurenti, LICSW, LCSW-CSpecial Assistant, Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services
Back to NCSSS Field
Back to NCSSS home page
Links to Class & Training Presentations
- Link to past presentations given at Field Instructor Trainings.
- Presentations range from a general orientation to field, to working with process recordings, to applying theories to practice.
- Human Behavior & the Social Environment presentations
- 2011-2012 lectures included.
- As lectures were presented to our foundation year MSW students in 2010, class presentations were added for field instructors' review.
- The Art of Supervision
Benefits of Being a Field Instructor
- Faculty title of Clinical Associate >> details
- Invitation to Continuing Education programs at NCSSS at no charge (if sponsored by Office of Field Education), or reduced charge
Free CEUs awarded for attending our Field Instructor training
Opportunities to consult with NCSSS faculty
Access to Mullen Library
I look forward to having a student intern from NCSSS each year mainly due to the high caliber of students and the support and training available to me as a field instructor.
-- NCSSS 'veteran' field instructor
2012-2013 Academic Year
We will offer 2 Field Instructor Trainings:
Monday, AUGUST 19, 2013,
8:30AM - 4:00PM
Field Instructors' Training
MONDAY, SEPT. 9, 2013, 8:30AM-2PM
Field Instructors' Make-up Training
We offered 2 Field Instructor Trainings in the Fall 2011 semester. You can review some of the presentations (either .pdf or PowerPoint format) here.
Free CEUs awarded to NCSSS field instructor attendees.
CUA Library Use for Field Instructors
- Learn about special borrower privileges available to field instructors. Then call the CUA Library at 202-319-5060 to arrange a time to come in and set up your account.
- To access on-line databases, including e-journals, come to campus and use any available computer. Call the library or email us for further information.